Birthdays

Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Happy Birthday to My Teen

Where has the time gone. Almost two months has passed. Can you tell that we are busy. I don't even have time to post. To bring folks up-to-date - we've celebrated my big birthday, Christmas, New Years, Eric's Birthday, Chinese New Year and now K's 15th birthday. We watched the Super Bowl (Yea Steelers!!!) and had a surprise BD party for K as part of the super bowl party. I can't believe that 15 yrs have passed since I held a beautiful baby in my arms. She has grown into a beautiful young lady. She recently auditioned for the All-District Honor band. She placed 12th out of 44 flutes for the 9th & 10th graders. Unfortunately, only the top 10 flutes participate in the band. She just missed the cut-off. But from what she heard, the top 10 are mostly 10th graders and had some of the highest scores ever seen. She feels pretty good about placing 12th. So now she is training for pole vaulting for the track team. I don't know about that, but it's what she wants to do for the Spring track season. She also just got her report card and again made straight A's. And got a level 4 on the EOC test in math. We are very proud of her accomplishments.

SJ is becoming quite a talker. Sometimes she never stops talking. And you can understand her pretty well. She is almost totally potty trained. We've only had a couple of accidents since Christmas and those are at night. She loves to look at the pictures of her SWI sisters and knows their names. She is very bright and keeps all of us on our toes. I will post pictures when I get them downloaded from the camera. With K's activities and only one computer, it will take me a little time.

No comments: